Wednesday, February 03, 2010

485: Why I Like It Longer

(entry ni utk Nuffnang Contest. jangan mare haaa..)

It was early June 2000. I was carying a fist-full of coins towards the public phone downstairs. My hostel a.k.a college is 3-storey building which looks so gloomy from the road outside. I punched my boyfriend's number and his usual funny voice that soothes me everytime I listen to it was on the other end of the line. I talked bout how my days went, my problems, how I missed him so much and inserting piece by piece of my coins till suddenly I was reminded by the beeping sound. I was out of coin. How I wished if I could have it longer, the time to talk with him.

Handphone was a luxury item at that time. When I was in my final semester 2004, I bought my first handphone using my PTPTN for the purpose to ease my daily life because the final semester required so many discussion and most of the time I needed to text my group members on the next one. My phone was a small one which I could fit in my palm. Everyday I texted with my BF. We always used the numbers of words we could type in one message to the max. We would replied to each others with very long messages, pouring all of our feelings and heart content in each messages. I had to push 'down' button many times to finish reading a message. I would like my handphone longer so I can have more text in one message. Less scrolling, less punching the 'down' button. Wouldn't that be nice~~

it's just a button apart :) and all i need is a handphone!

After my graduation day, I was so busy submitting my resume here and there, signing up with every free job-search website to look for a job asap. When I was being interviewed for my very first interview of my life, the interviewer asked so many things about what I've learnt during my 3-year of study. At that moment, I felt the time stopped leaving the interviewer freezed with his mouth opened. I was like flashing back all the time during my college days. How I like it longer..more time with friends, doing lots of great things other than the usual messy studying. I got the job and I was so happy.

At the same time, my relationship with my boyfriend has blossomed beautifully. My boyfriend had been accepted as the junior oil engineer in one of the famous oil and gas company. I was so happy before the news that he needed to travel to Dubai for 5 years. I was shocked. We discussed a lot. I was just graduated. Marriage seems to be so frightening. How I wish I could have longer time to earn my own money, establish myself and spend my salary for my family.

I was so frustrated. I love my bf so much. I was walking alone in a mall one day during my lunch time. Wandering without any intention when I suddenly bumped into this huge advertisement board. It was the new LG phone. Chocolate..a catchy name. It was the longest handphone I've seen so far. It's features are just excellent!! I could imagine how nice to read my messages, to have my BF's pictures in it. Suddenly I felt a jolt of happiness struck me.

I called my BF. He was so happy to hear my gleeful voice. I told him about the LG phone.

"You know that I've always said how I like it longer..the time with you, the time for my career. At least this phone could fulfill my desire"
"If that's all you need to cheer you up, to make you happy during my absence, I would be so happy to buy it for you"
"you are the best"

Why I like it longer?? You know now huh?? It's always a best thing to have it longer. And HOw this LG Chocolate phone would be the only thing I could get longer than those other longer-wishes that would only remain as a wish.

25 comments:

tunbegia said...

sungguh panjang dan hitam,

salamm,

oranglidi said...

oo

Mak Su said...

slamat berjaya masy :)

noor afzan said...

nak jugak...

Masy said...

selamat berjaya kat org yg buat entry ni hehehehehe

Mr PenyuBiru said...

selamat berjaya!

p/s: komen play safe sebab aku malas nak baca.hehe

Jard The Great said...

hehe.. malas da nk join kontes.. tak pernah menang dari segi entri

Masy said...

gua x penah lagi join. ini join atas sbb2 tertentu. hokhokhok

LIMA PULUH PERSEEEENNNNN

HEMY said...

a very inspiring entry....I really looking forward to see this entry to nail the contest..

ekekekeke.....

weh..ngape lak takleh ckp lucah2 depan isteri??ishy ishy..aku dh balas kumen ko...

Masy said...

anul,
bkn xleh ckp lucah2 dpn isteri laa.. maksud aku, ko ckp camtu kat kawan2 ko n isteri ko ade skalik. tak ke keadaan itu seperti cilakak. hehehehe

contoh laa..

ko borak dgn redza (tetibe nama mamat ni naik hahahah) lucah2, dan seblah ko ade Cembam. gtulah maksud aku situasinye.. faham? ;p

Sierrauniform said...

gud luck

ai@reel said...

wah...canggih gak hp ni......

mya said...

cantik la hp nie. tp dlm mimpi je la akak nak memilikinya. huhu

good luck utk awk ek

joegrimjow said...

hoho
gud2

plan nak buat jugak ni
;)

Ah Fatt said...

besti giler entri contest ko neh
aku suka

Masy said...

rembo,
gudlak utk tukang tulis heheh

ai@reel,
bole tahan laa hhehehe

kak mya,
meh kita sama2 berangan sambil ucapkan gudlak kat penulis entry ni heheh

joegrimjow,
haa buat jgn tak buat :)

kapten,
kembang laaa tukang tulis tuu.. aku senyum je hehehhe n thanks bg pihak beliau :)

saaba said...

smoga maju jaya kak...mesti muat ni kalo amik gambar saya sbb saya kan panjang..kan2?

Masy said...

adrian,
eleehhhhh x muat kot. kepala x masuk frame. hahahahaah

saaba said...

hahahahahaaha!kurang asam boi betul..

achik said...

good luck.. :D

Masy said...

gudlak utk tukang tulis entry hehehehhehehehe

Abang Long said...

Keluar tajuk sikit. Menetap dimana ? Kerja dimana ? Boleh tolong berikan alamat emel ? Kenapa emel dalam ruangan Contact tak boleh dibuka ya, ana musykil ni !

Masy said...

abglong,
sy keje n menetap kat s alam. email sy --> masyita4180@yahoo.com.

ade ape ye?

kingbinjai said...

double meaning woooo

Masy said...

kingbinjai,
ade org yg buat cite lagi dabel mining hahahaha